Yes! It has come..
The starting of shaastra..
I was sli tensed , here I start with the issue of getting rooms cleaned.The hostel office which assures to do almost everything but actually does nothing.Thn Mr.Mani's first ditch. So the job supposed to be complete before 30 is still haven’t completed while the participants are already here. And the checking ins are happening (still the golden moment hasn’t come).Then at 11 AM chola comes to sharav and says the great news."Start Registrations at sharav!".I know its gng to be a big burden but completely ignorant of the magnitude.
The Hype
Then Sanjay (Webops core) and Oops (doesn’t need introduction: P) come and make arrangements and we start registrations at 6:00PM gr8 that Oops helped us out for the first 3 hrs reg..(and Oops,you got enough publicity in sharav!).In the mean time Bose tells about the last minute changes to be done in schedule during this hype. So I get tensed and try sm thing.. and obba it was screwed and so is the Birthday boy's(Bose) mood.. And then here am, glued to the sharav control room. Some how made it possible to go out half an hour to see hospi desk in the KV grnds.Am searching for the hospi desk with high funda layout tht we all were dreaming about,(all my DCs are in love with that layout :P), for none of them was any way near to what we planned. And I see familiar faces in one of the pathetic rectangular arenas and shocked to realize that IT IS THE HOSPI DESK.Hmm so the spons guys gave their share of ditching hospitality.
day 0 day 1 day 2 pass without much to mention but the usual pain.And my vols,DCs come from hospi desk say that they loved hospi desk and believe me they asked me to put xtra duties at the desk!!!and am still practically locked up in control room. On day 3 in desperation I made it to hospi desk and spent an hour there little relieved and saw people and got into the hospi desk mood. Back to control room .. people started checking out.Now came the biggest prob And oops! Oops lost some docs (though found later when they'rnt of any use) with all docs here there I had to call up to Mahanadi every time a team checked out..Hell lot of confusion and pain went into tht..Some how.. WE DID IT.Thanks to shakira.. All my co-coords worked not any less than me its even more.. But thn they were ready for it and it came to me as a surprise(shock i say)
The after math
I guess on the day 1.. The registrations gotten too much into my mind. Even in the 1 hr sleep I had, my dream was filled with nothing but the registration page!!!and the tensions too !! shit.
soo mean of those people to tease me thn, and so mean of me tht i threw fruit juice on them :P .I donno who pained whom but there was pain in the environment..And they finally came up with a statement "Dont mess with Lassa".
The very next day SHA PA's quiz.. as expected screwed it! :waa
The chemical imbalance
It wasn’t a dream coz am not asleep. And not even hallucination, bt it was like this.. One of my dcs was begging me not to commit suicide!!!And of course I committed and there it was ! A ghost of mine(just as in ram gopal verma's movie) sitting beside my bed and staring at me and one morein my cupboard!I convinced myself that its not real and am not a coward.. so I slowly opened my eyes to see a big white blur!!!For a moment I was horrified.. later realized tht its only a pile of books n papers.. I suspected a chemical imbalance b4 only but dint imagine tht i'll get to see ghosts: P
Quotable Quotes:
"I feel like putting you in a soln of nutrients, sothat they’ll sink into your body..".. Surbhi
"This is what I might look like after Saarang".. The horrified saarang hospi coord .. Divya
"You sound like the ghost in 1920 movie".. Arundati, at my voice.
Surbhi….Thanks for all those boosters and hugs to lift my spirits at times when you would be back after infi fun and tell me about the outside world.
The All fun part:
Ofcourse we had loads of fun in the control room…putting Sam’s name daily on the notice to scare other vols :P(to tease Sam), and Avans very"interesting"stories...all chats….
To my DCs and vols.. "Every one of you is soo sweet and thanks to all of you for your work and the fun"
The serious part:
After reading all this if you are in an impression that I was pained, You got it wrong. I enjoyed every bit of it. All that was done in pursuit of perfection.. at the end of it, the satisfaction you get is not any way comparable.. It made me realize how much I can do.(I am still wondering how I have put 4 serial night outs!!)
Chola, you definitely had an influence on me. Your love for perfection and hard work inspired me!
The same goes to my co-coords; everyone worked harmoniously and put their best.
"We definitely are the best hospi team ever"
Thanks to ALL OF YOU
Special thanks to Mr.Mani.Without your involvement; this would not have been possible
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Too gud.. and.. now i realised.. my little chubby devil has grownup...
nice blog ra......:)........and it was my busiest bday ever.......3 cheers to lata for managing sharav so well.........
nice one.. kudos to the entire sharav team for their hard work which resulted in no loss of mattresses :) and these are the memorabble moments in life for the entire hospi team.. thnk u
wowww....congrats on ur blog..ur writing is very amusing.. :) do write more dear :)
@annayya:I have been tellin u tht.. bt u didnt believe :P
@bhose:Thanq :)
@Oops:I thot u'll pull my leg ,as I did urs.. bt u r gud ;)and senti touch!quite unexpected of u...:D
@author of deleted comment:hey its k u can put wat ever u want to..
@shal:thanks dear.:B .. sure I'll write more..on even more interesting topics.. bt not in near future.. :)
@All:Sorry for the delay in rlying..(caused by quizzes)
..and you did not thank me for helping you with the blog and the blog troubles. Sob sob.
hey lata...its cool...it reminded me of all the fun we had at the control room n the hospi desk ...:)
@lee:I wanted to put this column:
credits
editing: surbhi
webops:lee
but surbhi ditched (she didnt do)and... i forgot abt tht column....
bt I remember thanking you wen u helped me.. bt anyway u seem to want a thanks on the web :P.. so here u go..
Thanks to lee for helping me out with the "blog and blog probs"...
@rose:hey suja i forgot to put your "interaction" funda da.. k lets keep it just btweeen us ;)and thanku
Post a Comment